An enterprise resource planning (ERP) software enables medium to large-sized businesses to streamline their operations within a single platform.
In the current business landscape, it is safe to say that ERP software has become more than important for businesses.
Most ERP software is packed with features such as supply chain management, human resources, accounting, and customer relationship management, which make them a ‘must have’ for business growth and efficiency.
There is a brewing debate between business tool users regarding what provides more value; a cloud-hosted ERP or software as a solution (SaaS).
As one of the most established ERP software companies in Pune, we would like to throw some light on this topic.
Let’s take a look at both sides of the coin for more clarity on this subject.
Single-user Tenant Cloud ERP
What is a cloud ERP?
An ERP software that is primarily hosted on a cloud server and can be accessed by users with an active internet connection is a cloud ERP.
- Can offer major cost savings to organizations as it eliminates the need for hardware management and on-premise hardware.
- Ease of scaling infrastructure to meet the decreased or increased requirements of a business.
- Companies have the same level of control over the solution as they would on-premise.
- Many layers of security are available to safeguard data storage and application access.
Who should consider it?
This alternative is an ideal fit for businesses that have niche business verticals that are required to retain control over their ERP customization.
Multi-Tenant SaaS ERP
What is a multi-tenant SaaS ERP?
SaaS ERP provides internet-based access to ERP that is predominantly hosted in the cloud but managed by the vendor. SaaS is majorly managed as a multi-tenant application. This means that any updates made by the vendor are instantly available to the clients.
Typically, a SaaS ERP follows a subscription model.
- Cost efficiency and ease of adoption for larger companies.
- Eliminates the need for an on-premise server.
- Users have flexibility in infrastructure scalability and also the different types of ERP modules.
- Software updates are made readily available for the user by the vendor.
Who should consider it?
SaaS is an ideal choice for companies that do not delve into a lot of software customization. The configurations inside this type of ERP are primarily designed to fulfill the requirements of most customers operating within the vendor’s target industry.
Noetic Labs is one of the leading ERP software companies in Pune. To know more about the solutions we provide, get in touch with us today!